Jumaat, 9 Oktober 2009

Be the Change you wish to See

Once upon a time, a girl named Li-Li got married & went to live with her husband & mother-in-law.

Li-Li found that she couldn't get along with her mother-in-law at all. Their personalities were different, Li-Li was angered by her mother-in-law' s habits. Day by day, Li-Li & her mother-in-law never stopped arguing & fighting. Worse, according to ancient Chinese tradition, Li-Li had to bow to her mother-in-law and obey her every wish. All the anger & unhappiness in the house cause Li-Li's poor husband great distress.

Finally, Li-Li couldn't stand her mother-in-law' s bad temper & dictatorship any longer, she decided to do something about it. Li-Li went to see her father's good friend, Mr. Huang, who sold herbs. She told him the situation & asked if he would give her some poison to solve the problem once & for all.

Mr. Huang thought for awhile, and finally said, "Li-Li, I will help you solve your problem, but you must obey what I tell you."

Li-Li agreed, "I will do whatever you advise". "Mr. Huang went into a room, & returned with a package of herbs. He told Li-Li, "You can't use a quick-acting poison to get rid of your mother-in-law, because that would cause people to become suspicious. Therefore, I have given you a number of herbs that will slowly build up poison in her body.

One day, Li-Li came to see Mr. Huang & asked for his help again. Mr. Huang, please help me to take off the poison from killing my mother-in-law. She'd changed into a nice woman, I love her like my own mother. I don't want her to die anymore."

Mr. Huang smiled."Li-Li, there's nothing to worry about. I never gave you any poison. The herbs I gave you were vitamins to improve her health. The only poison was in your mind & your attitude toward her, but that has been washed by the love you gave to her."

There is a wise Chinese saying: "The person who loves others will also be loved in return." God might be trying to work in another person's life through you.

Tiada ulasan: